Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pre-Race report

ironmanlive.com click on Live coverage of the Bonita Ironman.
My race number is 140.

Lets put some wagers on my finish time.

3.8km swim, then a 600m run to transition, a 180km bike, and 42.2km run.
Expected race conditions tomorrow- start the morning off with clouds and some rain, and a bit of wind in the morning, clearing in the afternoon with strong gusts starting around 12:30.
Temp btwn 14 and 24 degrees.

What do you think my time will be? Race starts at 7am NZ time, 10am vancouver time tomorrow!

FYI, if you ever think there's a chance your computer charger may die and you're in a small town bring another. There isn't a store here in Taupo that sells chargers, so I've been without a computer for a while.

I was given a charger from a friend here for the next two days.


Will post more tonight. Off to drop the transition bags off.

2 comments:

Derek WL said...

Watching live video coverage of the swim as we speak!

Here are my estimates for your times:

3.8km Swim: 55.30
180km Bike: 5:30
42.2km Run: 4:00

Total Time: 10:25.30
Throwin out some wild guesses here! The only one I'm pretty sure of is the swim!

I'm looking for you in the live-vid right now, but cant find you since they seem to only follow the Pros! Those bastards!

Patrick Waters said...

Definetly some highs and lows in the day.
Will post more results, but here's time times:

50:50swim

6:16:15bike

6:01:38 run (ouch)

13:23:15